Thursday, December 9, 2010

(This is a love poem for Ally.)

poetry by Elizabeth Deanna Morris


Bee Sting
And your tongue of bees stung
me in between and that’s all my clit
is now but a swelling from when you
kamikazied yourself before retreating
further within me to your hive
where you would die and now
I carry you with me, calcium
& amber; when I dip into my honey comb
these days, I lose myself in the buzzing
in the space behind my right ear.


(Ally)
these days
i carry you with me
and now
you retreat
a swelling
and your tongue



Elizabeth Deanna Morris is soon to be a graduate of Susquehanna University with a Bachelors of the Arts in Creative Writing.  She has been published in Variance, RiverCraft, The Susquehanna Review, and Transformations.  She is the poetry winner of Lazy Eye Press's Fall 2009 Chapbook Contest.  She also finds time to blog about writing.  She loves knitting, spinning, and other domestic activities.  She often dreams her poetry before she writes it.  She isn't sure if this means that she's cheating or working even as she sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment